If Entreprise 2.0 was the TV-series West Wing I would be Matt Santos and Marc Benioff would be sitting President Bartlet, that has served his time. SalesForce was good and has been doing great things - now it's time for some new blood. Podio is the future.
Enter title here02.08.11 Posted in Us by Tommy Ahlers
If you can come up with a brilliant title for this blog post you should join us. Successful companies have a master of words. We are looking for our master; the person that has writing skills at the level of Shakespeare and can speak clearly as a C.J. Cregg from the West Wing.
Head of Communications/PR
Podio is really taking off. Since our launch in March we have attracted thousands of companies that are experiencing the future of work. By using Podio they are more productive, inspired, improving collaboration, and having more fun. They use our platform for everything from sales lead handling, product planning, recruiting, project management to time tracking, intranet, support tickets, or event management. Podio offers endless opportunities because each individual user can build their own apps and get them to work the way they do.
We’ve been written up in TechCrunch, The New York Times, Venturebeat, Mashable, FastCompany, Wired, Inc., and many other leading publications. Until now PR and communications has been handled across the team, but now is the time to take it to the next level. We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager who can take immediate ownership of all aspects of our communications strategy. You’ll need to find the balance between overall tech-press and specific functional or industry focused publications and blogs. Communication is not only taking place through media but also directly to our users and customers on our website, blog, email, newsletters, and on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. You will be responsible for all channels.
Your key responsibilities the first 6-12 months are to increase the visibility of Podio in all aspects of business press and to improve all aspects of communication throughout our channels. You will initially be managing a team of one – you, so you’ll have to be able to roll up your sleeves and execute whatever you come up with. There is a potential for this to grow into a broader roll and we are therefore looking for someone with a clear potential to grow with us. You will report to Tommy, our CEO, and will work closely with most people in our small and ambitious team. You will be working from our San Francisco office, but you will also be spending time with the team in Copenhagen.
- Defining our Communications roadmap.
- In collaboration with our CEO, managing relationships with journalists, bloggers, and analysts, writing press releases, researching new press targets, find speaking opportunities.
- Be the voice that communicates with our beloved users on our blog, website, product news, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Be the go-to guy/girl for everyone in the organization when they need some super-crisp text out of the door.
- Share the stories. We’re trying to create something amazing that defines the future of work. Everyday we see that happening through the feedback we get from our users. You will need to share and understand these stories.
- Set strategy for how we manage external agencies, and if we use them, manage them effectively, bearing in mind our limited budgets.
- 5+ years experience in a communication role focusing on consumer web or SaaS applications. You’ve managed successful PR campaigns and are confident and comfortable in all aspects of PR execution.
- Fantastic communications skills, written and verbal.
- Highly strategic.
- Used to achieving a lot, with limited resources.
- Management experience. You’ll have experience with both direct reports, and an external agency.
- A great internal communicator. You’ll work closely with our product and design teams, and help to define our brand as we grow.
- A passion for communications. You’ll have an opinion on start-ups that have done it best, be full of ideas, insight, and a confidence that you can take Podio to new heights.
Please apply here with your CV, URLs to some of your past work, and a short description introducing yourself.